PDA

View Full Version : Value of 1891 Argentine Mauser Cavalry carbine?

Rob W.
11-16-2012, 10:57
I picked up a nice looking 1891 Argentine carbine as part of a package deal. Wood and metal and bore are all in very nice condition - but ser. #s of bolt and magazine do not match barrel and receiver. The crest is intact and there is no rust and wood has no cracks or breaks or big dings. No ser. # on stock. Rough idea of value for trolling around a gun show? Sorry, no pics.

jaie5070
11-16-2012, 03:50
You might keep checking gunbroker. I regularly do since I have both a rifle and engineers carbine. Prices seem a little soft so maybe $250-350. The crest is a plus and the mismatched parts and stock are a detriment.
john

BudT
11-16-2012, 06:42
A couple of hundred might be about right. I bought one and still have it but you don't want to know what I paid for it.

Rob W.
11-16-2012, 08:01
Hey Bud, how much did you pay for it?! I don't have much into this one either as I got it as part of a package deal.

BudT
11-17-2012, 05:48
OK, the rifle had the crest ground but was all matching other wise mint. The rifle, a new sling, a box of ball fmj ammo and a box of Norma 150 grain soft points and it was under 30 dollars for the entire package. I still have that rifle but it has been sporterized, yes I know some here think that it's some sort of carnal sin to do that but it's mine and I'll do with it as I please. Enjoy your Argie and yes sir I do still hunt with mine and it shoots as good as any new Kimber.

randy langford
11-17-2012, 06:24
I gave 280.00 for mine a few years ago it is all matching but does have a repair at the toe of the stock as a lot of these do. They are great rifles and mine is a tack driver

Dave in NGA
11-18-2012, 04:33
I purchased a nice Argentine 91 carbine at the OGCA about five years back. I paid $325 for it and was happy to get one in fine condition. Most of the ones I've seen have repaired stocks and shot out bores. The good ones still command a higher price.