PDA

View Full Version : NM Carry Handles

Allen Humphrey
06-05-2012, 12:18
I see where RRA claims that their A4 NM carry handle is a true 0-600yd design. Does anybody know the range limits of the Armalite A4 handle?

Also, underdstanding that most mechanical design is a series of trade-offs(frequently), did RRA compromise anything such as robustness or accuracy to get the 0-600?

Thanks in advance

Allen Humphrey
06-10-2012, 12:03
It might have been better for me to have posted my question in another section, but I thought is was more of a "shooter" question. I have some new (to me) information however. I have measured a new RRA NM carry handle and it does have about .125" of vertical travel translating into greater than 21 MOA of vertical adjustment. I think it is comparable in all other aspects to the A2 handle.. They have just carefully placed and sized the components into a small package. See the link to the patent app. http://www.google.com/patents?id=FdLWAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&dq=rock+river+arms+carry&hl=en&sa=X&ei=duvUT8SKG6X62AW08tCTDw&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=rock%20river%20arms%20carry&f=false

I'm still interested to hear about an Amalite detachable carry handle and its adjustment range.

John Kepler
06-15-2012, 07:01
When you consider that you only need 15 MOA up from your 200 zero for 600 yds.....isn't this a distinction without any functional difference?

Allen Humphrey
06-15-2012, 07:48
Mr. Kepler,
If you are saying that the detachable Armalite handle has 15 MOA...then I agree with your statement. I think if you have to monkey with the front post to get that range then I would say that is a less desireable design for me. Also, I'd like to be able to get 100 to 600 with no post adjustment and still have a little adjustment room on either side.

So I think my question still stands, what is the elevation range of the Armalite detachable NM rear sight?