PDA

View Full Version : Finally got em.

Guamsst
05-30-2012, 10:56
I picked up a N07 Enfield flipflop bayonet after several years of trying to find one for a fair price. Paid $175 and it is in typical almost unissued condition. Also got my first SVT40 bayonet. Traded a last ditch(actually just very late war) Type 99 for it but I was tired of people complaining about the "poor quality" of the rifle. Then I picked up a No4 Enfield "Welders Special" bayonet in the plastic scabbard for $10. Not a great find but the price was right. It seems to me that I have "runs" on bayonet buying where everything comes together all at once and I buy several good ones all at once.

BOB LOUGHLIN
05-30-2012, 01:59
CONGRATS, It does seem that way. IF your trying to sell or looking to buy, like the weather, days, even months , no rain. Then hell pops loose and we have flash floods. I found a Colt bayonet for my AR last week-end at the Live Oak gun show and the guy had a bag full of both WW I and WW II bayonets. All were German or French except the Colt. $20.00 and then he bought a bolt action 410 from me. Life is good, Bob.

Hal O'Peridol
05-31-2012, 06:49
Does your No7 Land Pattern bayonet have red or black grips?

Guamsst
05-31-2012, 07:51
Does your No7 Land Pattern bayonet have red or black grips?

Red grips. What's the difference? All I have seen were red.

JB White
06-03-2012, 04:35
Do you want a black gripped one?

Guamsst
06-04-2012, 09:43
Do you want a black gripped one?

Nah, I could just paint this one....LOL
I just want to know what the difference is.

JB White
06-04-2012, 12:25
Black micarta vs. red micarta for the most part.

Guamsst
06-05-2012, 11:20
Black micarta vs. red micarta for the most part.

Ok, I thought maybe black was some sort of rare desirable thing. I don't really care on this one as I just wanted an example and at a price I could profit on if i changed my mind.

JB White
06-05-2012, 11:44
At $175 you can still profit? If so, the price on mine just went up a hundred bucks! ;)

Guamsst
06-05-2012, 02:10
Well, I did get it in a bundle with another bayonet and yes, they are expensive now. Last one I saw on Ebay was starting at $150. I plan to keep mine for a while too. Most I find, they are asking $225. Not that they are getting that, but I know I can move mine at $175 and have a little profit from the money I saved on the other bayonets.

JB White
06-07-2012, 07:20
Thanks for the heads up. I have a price tag to change before I head out to the next militaria show. (Which reminds me I still need to call and reserve some table space!)

I see how you work it into a bundled price as I've done similar myself in the past. Taking a small hit on a hard to move item but having it absorbed by the quick-to-sell item. It all comes out in the wash. In my case I'm not doing it for profit so to speak. I'm pretty much rotating the collection. What I sell simply rolls back into it. So long as I get back more than I paid in the long run to keep up with the inflation on other items I want, them I'm good.

Hal O'Peridol
06-07-2012, 08:11
Black handled ones are difficult to find and collectors will pay a premium for one.

JB White
06-08-2012, 01:08
What would be a fair price range so I'm not doing myself a diservice?

Used to be reds and blacks went for about the same money but blacks were considered a "neat find. Kind of like a S.A. marked rifle. No premium but something cool to talk about.

Hal O'Peridol
06-09-2012, 03:20
I haven't seen a black handled blade for sale in almost 3 years, but plenty of reds. Can't say as to what a black handle bayo would go for now.

JB White
06-09-2012, 07:41
Reckon I'll just pull it off the block for a while then. Thanks.
I have a couple of months before I do my next large show so I have plenty of time to watch the market for a fair price.

Guamsst
06-11-2012, 06:38
Yep JB, a guy won't come down $60 on an overpriced bayonet, but if you buy 4, he will likely come down $20ea on the other 3. The guy I got this one off of is way overpriced on everything but will usually come down quiet a bit for me. I think he is just trying to get the "browsers" to quit rummaging as he has allot of good bayonets usually.

Had another guy say he was always willing to come down for me since I "Buy in bulk"....LOL

Guamsst
06-26-2012, 09:06
And the No7 is gone.....forgot to pull it out of my display case and a guy kept bugging me. He traded me 4 Japanese parts rifles for it and I know I can get well more than $200 out of the parts in the long run.