PDA

View Full Version : F/S Purple Heart-Bronze Star-Navy Comm Medals&4 ribbons FOR SALE

Litt'le Lee
05-04-2012, 01:07
I bought a shadow box and these medals were in it and I am selling them to recoup some of the money for the shadow box-the 4 ribbons have no back bar--price is 25 bucks plus 8 shipping

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ronhart/HPIM2000.jpg

da gimp
05-08-2012, 01:24
I thought it was a Federal Felony to sell any US military valor medal/.......

eldestbrother
05-08-2012, 01:57
It is against the law to sell U.S. Military Medals under The Stolen Valor Act of 2005 (the Act), signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006.

AMTRAC P-5
05-08-2012, 07:11
these medals should be taken off the for sale list,and put away only to be looked with respect and not dollar signs,someone gave an awful lot to get them.......................

SEMPER FI

P-5

cplnorton
05-09-2012, 08:21
I don't think it's illegal to sell them. It's only illegal to wear them and claim they are yours.

As far as I know you can buy and sell any medal/ribbon, unless it's the Medal of Honor.

eldestbrother
05-09-2012, 08:48
The purpose of the Act is to strengthen the provisions of federal law (18 U.S.C. § 704[8]) by broadening its scope and strengthening penalties. Specific new provisions in the Act include: granting more authority to Federal law enforcement officers; broadening the law to cover false claims whereas previously an overt act had to be committed; covering mailing and shipping of medals; and protecting the reputation and meaning of military heroism medals.[3][5] Under the act, it is illegal for unauthorized persons to wear, buy, sell, barter, trade, or manufacture “any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces.” Unless I read this wrongly...this encompasses buying or selling.

Griff Murphey
05-09-2012, 09:38
I am sitting here looking at the Medals of America catalog and they have these all for sale - Bronze Star is $20.95, Purple Heart $34.95, Navy/USMC Com $ 18.95. They sell every medal there is except the MOH. So why are the Feds not shutting them down? Maybe it only applies to gov't issue medals?

In my case I was awarded my Viet Nam Service medal 27 years after I was involved in the evacuation in 1975. The Navy told me if I wanted the dang medal I would need to go buy it myself FROM a private source. Granted, it is not a personal award of valor.... Just an "I was there.."

Litt'le Lee
05-09-2012, 03:18
I am sitting here looking at the Medals of America catalog and they have these all for sale - Bronze Star is $20.95, Purple Heart $34.95, Navy/USMC Com $ 18.95. They sell every medal there is except the MOH. So why are the Feds not shutting them down? Maybe it only applies to gov't issue medals?

In my case I was awarded my Viet Nam Service medal 27 years after I was involved in the evacuation in 1975. The Navy told me if I wanted the dang medal I would need up go buy it. Granted, it is not a personal award of valor....

These are not Govt issue-there are over 300 Bronze Stars on e-bay-after 50 yrs and 2 divorces,I had to buy
new ones to rebuild my shadow box-what are people going to do when they need to replace their stuff