PDA

View Full Version : Mauser M/71

Emri
02-09-2012, 10:00
Hey Guys,

How hard or easy is it to come by these in decent condition ?? Yeah, I know, "depends on what you call decent". It is 50% bright ( not real shiny, kinda dull but not grey ) with the balance a light brown patina. Bore and chamber are bright and shiney. The stock is a nice antique dark brown. Not anywhere near new, but it doesn't look like someone used it for a hammer or boat paddle. The usual dents and dings, but not covered with them from end to end. Everything is nice and tight. All serial numbers match but for the bolt stop and butt plate.
Yeah, I know, " we need pics! ". I will try and make some in the near future, I'm at work right now.
What kind of price range ( not an exact value for this particular rifle ) do they usually run in "decent" condition ??

Thanks,

Emri

John Sukey
02-09-2012, 03:04
71/84's are easier to come by. I suggest you grab the 71 before someone else beats you to it.

Emri
02-09-2012, 08:16
Quick stuff taken indoors with halogen lighting and some with flash. More in following posts.

Emri
02-09-2012, 08:26
5 more in the next post, then one last one with a question.

Emri
02-09-2012, 08:30
One more to come with a question......... A question about pic 1 in this post. Is the mark behind the upper band a "mark" or just a ding that looks like something ??

Emri
02-09-2012, 08:39
This is the last pic I made. In the previous posting, I included a pic w/o flash to show the color of the stock. The other stock pics were made w/flash to better show up the dents and gouges as otherwise they look about a mile deep.

This pic shows the right hand side of the reciever and some stock area. My question is.....

1) - What is the "W" (or) "M" stamp in the wood.

2) - Is the 1883 the date it was made ??

Thanks for looking,

Emri

randy langford
02-12-2012, 07:32
Emri
$500- 800 seems to be the going rate and I do believe the date on the receiver is the manufacture date. I have one ammo is hard to come by I have 2 boxes of factory but I form brass from 45-90 and cast my own bullets fun to shoot about like a 45-70

5MadFarmers
02-12-2012, 11:33
A little light reading.

http://5madfarmers.com/german_ammo/1871man.jpg

ammo is hard to come by

Very. Sometimes one can get lucky at auctions. I think the blue packets are originals.

http://5madfarmers.com/german_ammo/booty9.jpg

The Dominion stuff might or might not be reloads. I think the originals are paper patch?

1) - What is the "W" (or) "M" stamp in the wood.

Could be anything. I've not seen that on another so I suspect it wasn't made with that.

randy langford
02-12-2012, 02:42
Wow what a find the Dominion ammo was never paper patched as the original was.