PDA

View Full Version : K98 Trigger Housing Screws

GUNHEEP
01-29-2012, 06:54
Hello

Does anybody know what year the production changes occured on the trigger housing & capture screws?
When did they go from flathead with notch & marked to flathead with notch & unmarked to roundhead only?

Thank you
Andy

dave
01-30-2012, 06:06
Do not know exact year but capture screw (only) notch was gone by 43 at bnz and 42 at byf. (my examples, I did look at them all) In 44 byf had no lock screws at all. I do not think your question can really be answered as all changes were announced on a date and the factories phased them in as production could be changed and previous made parts were used. In most cases this phasing in took months and a mix of old and new parts were used at the same time.
I am not sure if your last line refers to capture screws or TG screws.

tmark
01-30-2012, 07:58
It wouldn't surprise me that all this happened as these rifles changed from milled parts, to a mix of both milled and stamped parts, to all stamped parts. I would venture a guess from late 1943 through early 1945. By the end of the war, Adolf needed more rifles fast so production shortcuts hastened to fulfill production quotas.

dave
02-21-2012, 06:05
Capture screw change (notch gone) started with milled TG, 1942 as my two examples show. I have also seen capture screws on stamped TG.