PDA

View Full Version : What is the Creedmore Cup?

PhillipM
01-22-2012, 10:02
I've searched and figured out it's some type of match put on by Dennis Demille at Butner and wherever they (you) shoot in the Western Games. Is this a leg match, NRA match, or what?

I'm thinking I can either go to Oklahoma or Butner this year but not both. The only difference in venues I can tell is Butner has the Creedmore Cup.

Maury Krupp
01-23-2012, 07:42
The Creedmoor Cup started out as a single 80-shot match at Camp Pendleton back in 2003. Mostly as a promotional event for Creedmoor Sports.

In 2006 it partnered with CMP's Western Games for a week of games and across-the-course highpower competition.

In 2007 it expanded into the Eastern Games and Creedmor Cup-East with an identical match program.

Starting in 2011 the Creedmoor Cup course of fire changed from a single 80-shot into a 240-shot aggregate fired over three days. Additionally, there is a squadded practice, 50-shot team match, and an EIC match. All matches except the EIC, are NRA sanctioned.

If you're mostly into games shoot the Eastern or Oklahoma CMP matches.

If you want across-the-course shoot the Creedmoor Cup.

Maury

Greg Ficklin
01-23-2012, 02:53
It is really two separate things in the same week. The CMP is first with the GSM matches, carbine, rimfire sporter, and pistol matches. On Wednesday the rifle range is used by the Bushmaster clinic, then Creedmoor takes over for three 800 agg NRA XTC matches for the cup on Thurs., Fri., and Sat. Sunday is the last day starting with the team match, and ending with a 500 agg CMP EIC. It is a whole week of shooting if you want to do it all. During the CMP events, CMP rifles, and merchandise are there for sale. The CMP has a chicken dinner before Creedmoor, and Creedmoor has their bar-b-q, on Saturday with awards and fantastic prize drawing featuring Creedmoor stuff like jackets, Kowa scopes, and usually a Bushmaster NM A2. But you have to be there to win. It's a big deal, and the best event you will ever attend.