PDA

View Full Version : Case knife family's son in RAF in WW-2?

Griff Murphey
12-07-2011, 05:07
I have a patient and friend who was an 8th Air Force armorer on B-17s. He had a favorite getaway place in a village near his base; in a little bed and breakfast. He said one time the landlady asked if he would mind sharing his room with "...another yank...but in the RAF..." who was J.L. Case of the Case machine family makers of Case knives, who had gone to Canada and volunteered for the R.A.F. He said when he saw his collection of px-bought US candy bars Case just about jumped on them and wolfed down every one he had.

Anyone verify this? This man has been coming to me for 20 years and has told me thus story three times... He was also a Fort Worth Cop and an MKT later BNSF locomotive engineer.

dave
12-07-2011, 06:12
do a Google search on the Case family.

da gimp
12-07-2011, 07:05
I have a patient and friend who was an 8th Air Force armorer on B-17s. He had a favorite getaway place in a village near his base; in a little bed and breakfast. He said one time the landlady asked if he would mind sharing his room with "...another yank...but in the RAF..." who was J.L. Case of the Case machine family makers of Case knives, who had gone to Canada and volunteered for the R.A.F. He said when he saw his collection of px-bought US candy bars Case just about jumped on them and wolfed down every one he had.

Anyone verify this? This man has been coming to me for 20 years and has told me thus story three times... He was also a Fort Worth Cop and an MKT later BNSF locomotive engineer.

Griff, totally off topic, but 1/8th related, well kinda sorta anyway. Years ago we picked up an old MKT railway station 31 day Regulator wall clock, is kinda neat.

Rick
12-07-2011, 08:36
Have some Case Knife caps. Bought them at a closeout because they were made in the USA. If your friend would like one let me know I will give him one.