PDA

View Full Version : Persian Mauser Bolt

leecork
11-18-2011, 06:17
Recently, I purchased a very nice condition Persian Mauser at a gun show. The rifle seems to have all matching numbers throughout. Every other Persian I've ever seen had a straight bolt handle. But the one on my Persian has a turned down bolt. Again, this bolt number matches the receiver and does not appear to have been bent or turned down in an after market manner.

Is this uncommon ? Has anyone seen one of these rifles with a bent bolt ? Thanks l

dave
11-18-2011, 06:53
If it is a 98/29 long rifle the bolt should be straight. Carbines had bent bolts. Are you sure you are reading numbers correctly? Check rear sight for number meaning. I never heard of a sniper in these rifles. Is stock cut for bent bolt? Can you show picture?

gwp
11-18-2011, 06:59
Mauser Military Rifles of the World 2nd Ed. by Robert W.D. Ball Pg. 202 has a picture of the Persian Czech Model 30 Carbine with a turned down bolt. The Iranian Model 49 Carbine also has the bent bolt.

leecork
11-20-2011, 06:48
One of my friends had a copy of the book "Mauser Military Rifles of the World" that I was able to borrow. It turned out that the Persian Mauser I purchased with a bent bolt is actually a Persian Czech Model 30 Carbine. The bolt in this rifle is correct. Thanks, Guys for the information.

robrmix
03-15-2014, 10:00
I just bought 98/29 Persian long rifle (29" barrel) that has bent bolt handle. The Farsi # on bolt, receiver, barrel, and stock all match. Bent handle looks untampered. Any ideas about gun ID? Also Armslist shows a persian short VZ24, but has very short handguard and very, very short muzzle end (section with no wood. What model is it?

randy langford
03-16-2014, 07:25
Pictures please we really like pictures !

dave
03-16-2014, 08:44
98/29 did not have bent bolts so this must be a rebuild renumberd or the original bolt was bent at sometime by someone. A better detailed description of both rifles would certainly help. There were no "short" VZ-24 rifles made, they had 24" barrels. Link to the auction?