PDA

View Full Version : Shortened M3 Scabbard help

FCPDAVE
11-14-2011, 11:20
Hi - On a whim and in a hurry I picked up a shortened M3 scabbard (not many $) and found that it wasn't what I thought. The length from mouth to tip is 9.25". It was not shortened by any method I've read about (crimping after inserting the body). The sides were peened front and back with a "tool" that left many diamond shape marks. Its not poorly done and the only paint is a thick coat of OD on the body, which is in good shape. Marked as B /8 N.
I've looked at pix of Taiwan,Korea shortened and no help. Gary C provided info on the original scabbard but can't help further. I'll follow up on any ideas suggested. Thanks

Johnny P
11-14-2011, 12:24
The "diamond marks" may have come from the jaws of a vise.

FCPDAVE
11-14-2011, 06:16
Sounds like a possibility. Probably headed for the trash can after I experiment on shortening it to fit a Korean cut - down bayo. I would never pass it on. Thanks

Tom in N.J.
11-17-2011, 08:21
The M3 scabbards shortened to M7 size by Beckwith Manufacturing Co., Victory Plastics Div., ( the gov't contractor) are marked "REP" under the throat on the side opposite the steel lot number. No "REP", not a gov't cut-down.