PDA

View Full Version : Chech VZ24, what to know about it?

jjrothWA
11-02-2011, 08:30
Getting early Christmas gift, an 8mm VZ24.

Any good picutes to view or other info?

What was standard load, recall it was a 150-160gr bullet for military loads?

Thanks.

joem
11-03-2011, 05:17
I got one a few years ago. It was like new. I shoot 150 gr, 155 gr and 196 gr ammo. Ladder sight may be calibrated for 150's.

dave
11-03-2011, 07:14
I have a small collection of them, Czech military, contract examples from other countries, and a couple other models such as the "lightened" version, VZ-23 and VZ-33 police carbine. When you get it note all markings on it and I may be able to give you some history on it. davcath55@gmail.com or post here. dave

dave
11-06-2011, 06:19
hello, hello,hello?

jjrothWA
11-10-2011, 07:04
Detailed the rifle, SN on the barrel receiver andfloorplate match.

The bolt has "1613" on top surface and "H6" on bottom @ the root.

on the barrel @ 12o'clock is "55" and an unidentified character about the 2:30 position

Receiver crest is ground but outline of symbolis visible.

Above the receiver SN is "E3 "character 38".

Question: what is the thread size for the rear lock screw for the rear action screw?

was assembling the action and cross-threaded that screw and thought I had it backed out and re-strated but was wrong.

I think I can drill out from inside the trigger bow and then retap the threads.

Thanks.

dave
11-11-2011, 07:03
Rifle was made in 1938 and accepeted by Czech military that year, as indicated by the E3 (lion) 38. Ground crest was Standing lion Czech crest. Rifle has been thru a rebuilt or perhaps bolts were just mixed. Czech rifle were serialed in 4 places---stock, bolt, reciever, barrel. Serial on floor plate may indicate use by the German military as well as renumbered bolt with no series number. Look for more signs of such use such as small stick eagles with number under or Nazi eagle, especially on the washer device in butt stock and also more parts serialed.
Two questions: does rifle serial have series letter/number before or after the number (such as R4 xxxx or xxxx R4) ? Does the rifle have import markings?
I have never had occasian to have to measure thread on a Czech lock screw. However early Czech rifles (1921-22) were made on German machinery taken after WW1. German thread for that screw is M 3.5x0.6. It is a common metric tap you can buy in US. Those screws are hard. Get a special drill for hardened steel.