PDA

View Full Version : CMP 16 inchers anyone?

El Paso Mark
10-17-2011, 11:35
Greetings all. Anyone bought one of the 16 inch blades from CMP yet? If so, hows the quality/condition? Thanx.

Cheers,

Mark

Rick the Librarian
10-23-2011, 07:00
I took a long look, but at $300, I thought they were overpriced for a "luck of the draw". From what I have seen of what has shown up, I haven't changed my mind. The scabbards, which could be bought separately, were a decent deal, but not the bayonets IMHO (again, not knowing what you were getting).

El Paso Mark
10-23-2011, 02:45
Greetings Rick. Did you take a look at them in one of the stores? What's the going rate on ebay for similar these days? Higher? I got a 10 inch AFH last January that was in nearly new/unissued condition. Listed as "Used/servicable" -

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?16386-Received-my-CMP-AFH

So if those 16 inch are in similar condition they may actually be in pretty decent shape. I may have to ask Santa for one :)

Cheers,

Mark

Bayonetman
10-23-2011, 06:49
So far seems to be a mixed lot, some are pretty nice and others only fair. By the time you add in a scabbard, the price is on the high side. Best choice is to go to one of the stores and pick one yourself.

Rick the Librarian
10-26-2011, 04:26
I live 2500 miles away, so buying at the stores wasn't an option. I saw several on Gunbroker that were as good of deal and better - plus you knew what you were getting. Not trying to badmouth the CMP, but I just didn't think the price was worth it.

El Paso Mark
10-31-2011, 07:26
Thanx Rick. Going to the store to look them over isn't an option for me either. Well, we'll see. Doesn't look like they're selling as fast as I thought they would.

Cheers,

Mark

jeffj
11-12-2011, 04:43
Broke down and went to CMP today, picked up a 16" and a 10" both in mint condition but do have the dark Greek finish.