PDA

View Full Version : Efficient use of sniper equipments.

MJ1
09-05-2011, 08:34
This photo was sent to me . I don't know anything about the story behind it. My posting it relates to just what you see, it took me a moment to put all the angles in the pre-coffee early morning haze around here these days,,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/1bea3ee7.jpg

.....MJ..........
....:icon_salut:...

Cass
09-05-2011, 03:38
Yea, that took me a few seconds to process too.

I'm thankful that I don't have that option for a rifle rest.

Cass

joem
09-06-2011, 05:18
"I'm thankful that I don't have that option for a rifle rest".

It does show he's thinking outside of the box. Very resourceful man and a credit to the military.

MJ1
09-06-2011, 07:58
I was sent the back story today

"Sgt. Jason Pacheco, 23, scout sniper instructor, Division Schools, 1st Marine Division, from Las Vegas, N.M., uses his prosthetic leg as support for an M40 Sniper Rifle on a firing range at Camp Pendleton Aug. 30, 2011. Pacheco suffered a severed leg after an improvised explosive device detonated beneath him during a patrol in Afghanistan August 2010. His leg had to be amputated below his knee. Pacheco uses his prosthetic leg to support the weight of his rifle to show an example of how students can use anything to steady a rifle. He has been an instructor for the Pre-Scout Sniper School since March and recently completed a physical fitness test with his prosthetic leg. He has re-enlisted and said he hopes to continue training in preparation to return to full duty."

Timberwolf
09-11-2011, 06:48
I started to laugh when I saw the picture. Then I realised how sad it is.

Necessity is the mother of invention.