PDA

View Full Version : No.5 'Jungle Carbine' bayonet goes for $327 on Ebay

drweiler
07-30-2011, 12:06
It was one of the rarer manufacturers, Radcliffe 'N187', but $327? I've seen many, have several, including a Radcliffe, and have never seen such light colored grips, perhaps that drove the price? Here's the link. Cheers, Don:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Maker-N187-Jungle-Carbine-Bayonet-No-5-/330592247659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf8d55f6b#ht_500wt_1078

Guamsst
07-30-2011, 09:13
Pretty sure it was driven by exchange rates. The bayonet was probably on british ebay too since the seller is in the UK. check out ebay.co.uk and with shipping to the EU available it could have gotten bids from all over. I have sold a couple of $200 bayonets to europeans for $300. So it isn't unreasonable.

drweiler
07-31-2011, 06:29
Funny thing about Ebay U.K., I don't think a U.K. resident can list a bayonet for sale on the U.K site. This particular bayonet was from the U.K. but list only on Ebay (USA). Do a search for bayonets on Ebay U.K. and you'll only find a few bayonets listed 'from' other countries. Perhaps it's the sensitive issue of 'offensive weapons' in England and/or Ebay U.K. being more politically correct. Thanks for your reply, Don

Guamsst
08-04-2011, 10:00
Funny thing about Ebay U.K., I don't think a U.K. resident can list a bayonet for sale on the U.K site. This particular bayonet was from the U.K. but list only on Ebay (USA). Do a search for bayonets on Ebay U.K. and you'll only find a few bayonets listed 'from' other countries. Perhaps it's the sensitive issue of 'offensive weapons' in England and/or Ebay U.K. being more politically correct. Thanks for your reply, Don

Well, just over a year ago, I was both listing and buying bayonets on the UK site, but not very often. Very touchy laws over there.

Guamsst
08-22-2011, 09:37
Saw a Jap Type 44 bayonet assembly on Ebay and the bidding was over $600. I can get the whole rifle for that.