PDA

View Full Version : military shoots in SC

k arga
06-21-2011, 03:02
i've been here almost 6 years and i don't hear of any matches. i'm im the manning area and there is nothing , i have 200yd range for myself but would like to see a garand match.
i've asked the guys that come over and shoot where did you shoot brfore and they say , we didn't.
i thought that when i moved from ct that i came to gun country but it seems that more goes on in the north east than in the south.

Jim in Salt Lake
06-23-2011, 01:40
I had the same problem when I moved from California (LA area) to Utah. In California, I could shoot a match every weekend, sometimes both days. Thought it'd be better in Utah but it's not, most folks go out to the west desert and shoot tin cans. I did get plugged in here, though no matches on Sundays. Get signed up for Shooting Sports USA at http://www.nrapublications.org/ssusa/ Go to the back pages, look for High Power Rifle, I found two listings under the Other Tournaments, Columbia and Ridgeville, both fairly close to you. They're both 200 yard matches and I'd bet you would be warmly welcomed with your Garand. These are regular NRA matches but you can ask the match directors if they also have CMP Garand matches, again, I'd bet they do.

C5M1
06-25-2011, 10:06
Have to go along with Jim. Most folks out west go out to the desert and shoot cans. Most of the super duper upper masters won't shoot a match for fear of embarrassing the rest of us. grin;

regards, dennis