PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Western Creedmoor Cup Changes!

Maury Krupp
04-26-2011, 10:18
This year's Western Creedmoor Cup to be held at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix, AZ will be a 240-shot (2400-point) aggregate fired over the course of three days.

CMP is still working on the program for their Western Games portion. Although the dates haven't been officially announced yet, they should start on Saturday (15 Oct) and end on Tuesday (18 Oct).

Wednesday (19 Oct) will be an all day clinic by Team Remington.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (20, 21, & 22 Oct) will all be 80-shot Across-the-Course matches with the three-day Grand Aggregate determining the winner of the Creedmoor Cup.

Entry fees for Thu and Fri will be $40 each day. Saturday will be $60 because of the barbecue dinner and prize drawings. The three day package price will be $120. That's only $.50 per shot; half the price of previous years.

There will be awards for both Service and Match Rifles in all classes for each day's matches and agg plus the grand agg.

Sunday (23 Oct) will be a 50-shot four shooter team followed by an EIC (leg) match.

The hope is more shooting and more prizes will make it more worthwhile and draw more people.

So get your vacation days lined up and spread the word.

Maury

Dan Shapiro
04-28-2011, 07:19
Hope to make it this year........barring gas going to $6/gal.

collectorm1ca
05-02-2011, 01:44
Dan, You'd really cancel going on a week long shooting trip for $30-50?

Dan Shapiro
05-02-2011, 04:06
Mike - depends what the price will be then. And it doesn't look like it will be coming down - given the current policies of that idiot in the White House. $4.30 here right now and it's not even 'summer driving season'.

Of course if I hit the lottery, all bets are off! :banana100:

Greg Ficklin
07-02-2011, 09:11
I like the 2400 agg for the cup. I look forward to it at the next years Eastern Games.