PDA

View Full Version : SWEDE MAUSER tuned up for Vintage match at Eastern Games and Perry

pelago
04-26-2011, 04:36
been having some sight issues, with rear sight at lowest possible elevation i am still shooting way way off at 200 yards, but if i raise the rear sight to its next sight position i lose the X ring, I am a 6 O Clock hold shooter and just am not well with point of aim point of impact...

last week i found a new front sight for the mauser it is marked +.05 i put it on and set rear sight for lowest elevation and first shot was high at 1 O Clock moved the sight over with a punch and small (very small) machine hammer and got it centered then i started shaving the front sight by .010" at a time

using IMR 4064 and Hornady A MAX 140 grain here are the results

first sighter shot, group of three pretty well centered but low, shaved off .010 put some sight black on it and shot again

2nd group of three came up three inches, still out of ten?X ring, shaved .012 off and did another group of three

third group of three are all money shots... quite happy
and whats more i did this without my +100 Hy Wyde glasses, the front sight is 37" from my nose and damn if i can actually see it and can focus on it
put some cold blue on it and peened a punch mark where sight and rifle meed to provide reference point

one thing is confusing and that is when i put target up it got upside down for some reason, when i wrote on it, it was right side up in reality i had to come up.... and was terrifeid to file the only sight i had that would work

tell you what these old Mausers can shoot

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w57/pelago177/swedemausersightwork.jpg

looking forward to this, and am actually hoping and looking for a swede sniper rifle
regards

fkienast
04-27-2011, 02:36
Yep. I like a an excellent M41B too!

fkienast
04-27-2011, 02:39
Hey do you have the micro adustable add-on device for the rear sight on your Swede?

pelago
04-27-2011, 03:32
no, i prefer to not use the ladder sight in the upright position, i keep it flat and use lowest elevation

dave
06-12-2011, 01:21
Swed snipers at SAMCO w/matched scope---- $1195. get it while you can!