PDA

View Full Version : Two M1916 7mm Spanish Mausers

drweiler
04-11-2011, 10:28
I've had these two for years, just got them out as I now have an interest in Mausers. Did some research, please correct me where wrong. The older one is original, chamber stamped 'Fabricadearmas/oviedo/1928/crest. I thought the newer one had been messed with until I read that Oviedo did the rebuild, scrubbing all serial numbers and chamber stamp, then restamping with only two matching serial numbers on receiver and bolt. They do indeed match, the rifle is like new, fired little if at all. It was not converted to .308. I have a nice supply of FN 7mm, I believe this one is going to the range. Neither rifle has an import stamp or pre 68 country of origin stamp. How did they evade that? Thank you for any comments. Cheers, Don

kcw
04-11-2011, 11:07
In some some you'll have to disassemble a gun imported after 86' (when importation of surplus was resumed) to find the stamping. Surplus weapons imported prior to the 1968 import ban were not required to be stamped by the importer/distributor.

wiljay
08-23-2011, 06:31
Hi, I came across a new barrel in my stuff, it's a 7X57 and I suspect that it's a 95 or 96. Would you be kind enough to let me know what the barrel length is on your rifles. Mine seems rather short as copmpared to a 98.
Thanks,
Bill Dimmock