PDA

View Full Version : Day at the Range

Art
04-08-2011, 07:17
Our son is in for the weekend so we did a little shooting with the PSL 54C I mentioned he bought a couple of months ago. It shot well but we discovered the lock up on the accessory rail on the very well used Romainian 'scope is a bit loose but I think that's fixed for now. I see a new 'scope in his future.

The new magazines from J&G sales worked just fine.

Jeff L
04-08-2011, 10:44
Neat looking rifle. Fun to shoot?

Art
04-08-2011, 11:09
It is very fun to shoot. I suspect it'll even be more fun to shoot when the 'scope is upgraded a bit. I think that might make a nice birthday present for our son.

Griff Murphey
04-17-2011, 08:07
These are not bad pieces and make a great working man's Dragunov, even though it's really an enlarged AK. I've taken deer and turkey with mine. I think there are minor variations in the rail systems between the Romanian and Soviet ones. Mine was great with the original Byelorussian made scope (fixed 6X) that came with it, but I never could get the Russian 10X to lock up tight. I bought that aftermarket, and it never did well,in spite of having a set screw installed on the mount. I think the best deal would be one of the K-var or similar aftermarket Picatinny rail systems that lock down on the rail with hex-heads, then just put a decent Western-made civilian scope on. That said, the Combloc reticles are fun to play with, as is the lighting feature if/when you can get it to work.

Do watch out for corrosive ammo, even with a chromed bore you will pick up rust on the muzzle brake and bolt. Much of the russian made "non corrosive" is at least mildly corrosive. Some if it is very much so, even though new-made.