PDA

View Full Version : Unertlscope 8x1903 springfield marine sniper- on ebay

pete-z
03-29-2011, 02:09
http://cgi.ebay.com/J-Unertl-USMC-Snipper-8X-Power-Scpoe-/190516721159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5bae7607

WHAT IS THE TAKE ON THIS ONE?

THANKS

Badgerord
03-29-2011, 04:49
Looks good, clearly was never on an issued rifle.

Marty
Badger Ordnance

pete-z
03-29-2011, 05:13
looks good, clearly was never on an issued rifle.

Marty
badger ordnance

thanks

pete-z
03-29-2011, 06:49
Anybody have pictures of the lettering and serial number area of others?

I would like to compare them to this scope.

Johnny in Texas
03-29-2011, 07:31
Here is a late one.

Weasel
03-29-2011, 07:45
Did the Marines use 2" target scope? It appears that is what this is.

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
03-29-2011, 08:53
No, they used 1 1/4" scopes.

jt

pete-z
03-30-2011, 05:32
Here is a late one.

Thanks for the pict.

I have to say, the various pictures of others that are next to the ebay item show differences in that lettering.
Maybe I need to see more examples. Not comfortable so far.

jgaynor
03-30-2011, 10:01
The locking screws on the rings that limit scope fore and aft movement when the rifle is fired don't look right to me....On reflection and a second look they may be OK

Regards,

Jim

Dan in NY
03-31-2011, 07:24
the tube lettering bothers me too...for that money, I'd like to see it more uniform, like Johnny's above...we're not talking about a $200 scope here...

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
03-31-2011, 07:40
Do you think Unertl did a bad job on roll stamping the serial number? I doubt it. Someone has a roll stamp machine and is probably making a ton of money.

jt

Johnny in Texas
03-31-2011, 10:23
Better pics of my scope markings With all due respect to all comments I think the scope is legit but may have been reblued. I have noticed the the USMC-SNIPER marking the U looks taller and the R looks taller and the center letters look smaller on some scopes mine is one of those in my opinion. I think I see pits around the markings on the suspect scope. That would explain the lack of sharp edges around the letters. The mis-alienment on the s/n is common on these scopes. The covers look refinished also. The lettering on my scope looks like most I have seen with an abundance of paint or what ever was used to highlite the markings. I have always thought marking the scopes this way was a clever of marketing tool of Unertl's to sell the idea of this Target type scope as a Military Sniper scope. My 2 cents

pete-z
04-03-2011, 12:28
Better pics of my scope markings With all due respect to all comments I think the scope is legit but may have been reblued. I have noticed the the USMC-SNIPER marking the U looks taller and the R looks taller and the center letters look smaller on some scopes mine is one of those in my opinion. I think I see pits around the markings on the suspect scope. That would explain the lack of sharp edges around the letters. The mis-alienment on the s/n is common on these scopes. The covers look refinished also. The lettering on my scope looks like most I have seen with an abundance of paint or what ever was used to highlite the markings. I have always thought marking the scopes this way was a clever of marketing tool of Unertl's to sell the idea of this Target type scope as a Military Sniper scope. My 2 cents

The scope sold anyway.

If you could post better resolution pictures, it would be helpful.
Future scopes may be in need of scrutiny.

When I get a group of good pictures together I will post them too.

Thanks