PDA

View Full Version : NRA Elections

Maury Krupp
02-23-2011, 07:06
All NRA voting members (Life, Patron, Endowment, or Regular for 5 years) should have their March magazine with the ballot inside by now.

If you're concerned with the direction NRA seems to be taking in regard to competitive shooting please vote for the following candidates and, because of the way NRA has the voting jiggered, ONLY these candidiates:

-Dennis DeMille
-R Lee Ermey
-Howard J Walter
-Patricia A Clark
-Eddie Newman
-Ted W Carter
-Carl Kovalchik
-Allan D Cors
-Dennis L Willing

For more info on each individual than is in the magazine go to http://home.earthlink.net/~electbio/

If you're not a competitive shooter but are a voting member do the rest of us a favor and vote for these guys (then get out to a match and join the fun :headbang:)

Hey, it's worth a shot :protest:

Maury

dave
02-23-2011, 08:56
NRA is for only one thing as far as I am concerned, protecting the 2nd. As long as there is so much pressure on gun rights as there are now I do not care about competitive shooting. Local clubs and indiviuals can take care of that! If they have money and resouces for both OK but the 2nd. comes first! I am not suggesting the members you recommend are not pro-2nd., after all they have to be to protect the sport! Endowment member, Life since 1959. PS: Tom Selleck and another actor, Eric Estrada (remember him??) are also running!

Scott Wilson
02-24-2011, 04:03
Tom Selleck is a long time staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA. Where did Estrada come from? I see him doing silly credit commercials on television. He would be an embarassment.

Maury Krupp
02-24-2011, 06:14
The way NRA counts the votes can be a little confusing :icon_scratch:

The winners are the candidates who receive the most votes of all the votes cast.

Since each voting member can vote for up to 25 candidates the more people you vote for the less effect your vote has on the final outcome.

It's kinda-sorta like each person you vote for divides your vote into smaller and smaller parts. Vote for one and that person gets one vote; vote for 8 and they each get 1/8 of a vote; for all 25 and they each get 1/25 of a vote.

Some candidates like Selleck (and Estrada :icon_rolleyes:) are going to get a lot of votes based on name recognition alone. Chances are better than good they'll get elected without your vote.

So, to be blunt, there's no real need to vote for them and thereby dilute the vote you cast for other less well known but equally or more deserving candidates.

Maury

M1CHAZZ
03-02-2011, 06:28
Thanks for the heads up. Mailed my ballot yesterday. See you at Camp Perry.

Chuck