PDA

View Full Version : New to me LR rifle

Fogtripper
10-13-2009, 09:40
Happy about this purchase, even though the hole it put me in... ouch.

Remington 700 5r Milspec .308 with a SWFA SS 10x42HD

http://depthafield.com/miscimages/m700/m700party.jpg

Gunner
10-13-2009, 10:22
Nice rifle, good book ( i like the stories of the great Gunny ) The whiskey should be a good highland single malt. That makes a great evening!:1948:

Regards

Gunner

Fogtripper
10-13-2009, 12:50
Nice rifle, good book ( i like the stories of the great Gunny ) The whiskey should be a good highland single malt. That makes a great evening!:1948:

Regards

Gunner

The book was a surprisingly easy read. Would make for a decent mini-series.

The scotch was purchased in respects to my recently passed father. Never did get a chance to try with him the scotch he enjoyed, so I thought I'd get some really good (read: expensive) stuff and toast him every so often.

Gunner
10-13-2009, 01:00
Hi Fogtripper, my condolences for your father. Dont get me wrong with the whiskey, thats a good one but i prefer more the scottish ones. I will give a toast for your father.

Best Regards

Gunner

snakehunter
10-14-2009, 04:19
When my brother came back from Germany he brought a bottle of Kings Ransom single malt. it was 25 years old and the smoothest scotch I've ever tasted. You couldn't get it in the States and still can't, I guess. At least I can't find it. We (my father, brother and I) saved it for a once a year toast at Christmas. If anybody knows where to get it in the States please email me.