shooterm1
01-29-2011, 04:05
Does anyone know what these items are?
They were part of a medical kit that I aquired some years ago

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/shooterm1/2b60_1.jpg

Gary L. Bush
01-29-2011, 04:58
Shooterm -

I think that the bottom two items are needle holders for sewing needles, not surgical needles. Why there were in the kit, I have no idea.

The other two items are not clear and the writing on the top item is also unclear on my monitor so I really couldn't hazard a guess.

Would you please post some further pictures?

Gary Bush's Other Half

Dan Shapiro
01-30-2011, 09:06
Interesting items. I picked up a Doctor's daily diary from WWI. Began with his voyage from England to France. A lot of medical lingo regarding operations and amputations along with his hand-drawn diagrams. He suddenly took sick and there are many empty pages before he resumed writing and was sent back to England to recover (Spanish Influenza?).

It also indicates the "Doctor" was something of a 'sport' with the ladies - judging by his cryptic "X" and "O" ratings after mentioning going out on dates.

Mike R.
01-30-2011, 10:15
Top item looks like an antiseptic swab. A small glass or plastic vial inside a cardboard tube meant to be crushed and release some liquid to the cotton tip in one end. Second piece appears to be a "lancette". A small throwaway scalpel that may have been part of a snake bite kit. Does the clear plastic end screw off to reveal a small blade?? Sorry, no idea on the other two.

Doug Ford
02-01-2011, 01:33
I agree. I carried a snake bite kit in my "Jump" Bag that had both in it as well as a tourniquet There should be small suction tube there also for removing the venom