PDA

View Full Version : Gunshow guide

Guamsst
01-20-2011, 10:56
I am writing a gunshow guide to Japanese militaria. My focus is on things you commonly find at gunshows. My goal is to have a guide that is about 4X6 inches, 12pgs and will cover most of the basic info a beginning collector would want and most of the detailed info a serious collector doesn't want to drag a large heavy book around to have, like arsenal and series marks. I cover Army rank badges, grenades and knee mortar rounds, canteens, and mess kits. I also have common markings of weapons such as arsenal marks and series numbers. I plan to include pics of pistols-Type26, 14Nambu and Type94 as well as rifles-Type 38, 38 carbine, 99 long, 99short

What I would like to know is this. If you guys were buying a basic guide to Japanese militaria what would you most like a reference for?

Is there something I haven't covered that you would like to have info handy for in a pocket sized guide?

Guamsst
01-22-2011, 08:35
someone placed a vote for OTHER. Could you please explain what it is you would like to see in a pocket guide. I basically have 1-2 spare pages left and want some good ideas on how to use the space.

Guamsst
02-18-2011, 11:56
Really? 4 votes? and one of them was me :( Cmon.....It's free and voting is patriotic I am told!

John Sukey
03-04-2011, 04:09
You might want to contact a friend of mine who has had a large collection for many years. renginebuilder@netzero .net
His name is Jerry Kwilinski and he has often contributed articles to a japanese collectors magazine

Guamsst
03-05-2011, 10:59
You might want to contact a friend of mine who has had a large collection for many years. renginebuilder@netzero .net
His name is Jerry Kwilinski and he has often contributed articles to a japanese collectors magazine

Thanks John. I'm not looking for info but I am looking for knowledgable people to review and fact check for me. I'll shoot him an email sometime.