PDA

View Full Version : CMP cut down RIA bayonet arrived!

PhillipM
01-18-2011, 11:41
It's exactly what I wanted, a clip point cut down RIA, altered at AFH. It was made in 1909, has the serial number 145674, and wears the typical Greek black park. The blade is coarsely sharpened and has a couple very minor nicks. Compared to some I've heard have been received, I'm ecstatic! I now have a representative of all types, a 1905, 1905E1, and M1.

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/15/55/99/36/photo212.jpg

Dan Shapiro
01-18-2011, 03:41
Cool!

Rick the Librarian
01-19-2011, 05:21
I ordered two, which came about a week or two ago. I have two more coming, including an RIA cut-down, due this Friday. Hoping the RIA has the same point as yours. My plan is to keep the two best-looking ones and dispose of the other two. Both the first two were in excellent shape, although at least one had the Greek refinish.

Art
01-20-2011, 08:54
I got my M1 bayonet today. It's a re park (dark charcoal gray) in cosmoline and does not appeart to have been used at all since re park. the scabbard is in excellent condition. The bayonette blade has been used but does not appear to have ever been sharpened. It is one of the EN S versions which I understand are somewhat mysterious.

PhillipM
01-20-2011, 10:25
I got my M1 bayonet today. It's a re park (dark charcoal gray) in cosmoline and does not appeart to have been used at all since re park. the scabbard is in excellent condition. The bayonette blade has been used but does not appear to have ever been sharpened. It is one of the EN S versions which I understand are somewhat mysterious.

I think one possibility is they were made in Europe after the war, but it's purely a guess. Did it come with an M7 scabbard? Pics would be nice.

Art
01-20-2011, 11:34
I think one possibility is they were made in Europe after the war, but it's purely a guess. Did it come with an M7 scabbard? Pics would be nice.

The scabbard is an M7. Both the scabbard and bayonette have the U.S. Ord. bomb on them. The bayonette does have a serial number on it which indicates it almost surely spent some time as a MAP item wherever it was made.

I am going to post some pictures of one of my rifles soon and when I do I'll try to post some of the bayonette.