PDA

View Full Version : Bob Hope Christmas Special--Vietnam

Oyaji
12-24-2010, 05:31
A great video of Bob Hope's USO Christmas tour in 1967. Lots of great entertainment. Veterans of that era will have fond memories. Be prepared for a long video--about 75 mins long but, worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOsLRT7d5c

Michaelp
12-24-2010, 08:29
Bob Hope and many others did a lot for the troops as best they could.
Be advised the majority of us served in places far from where any of them were allowed.

mike24d20
12-24-2010, 11:24
For a Brit he was one danged fine American. He entertained my dad in WW2 an my brother in Vietnam.

cwartyman
12-27-2010, 01:14
I had the honor to see Bob Hope in December 1990 at Sheik Isa air base in Bahrain along with Brooke Shields there were the Pointer Sisters, Aaron Tippet and the redheaded girl from head of the class. The show was great for us that were so far from home and for many of us our very first time away from family at the holiday as well as being in a foreign country. They really did a great job of raising our morale as we had been sitting in the desert since August and had no clue when the fit was going to hit shan and no clue what the result would be. Took our minds off the situation for awhile and gave us a chance to be kids again( i was 20 at the time) and to laugh and jump around to the music and see women that to us until then were only seen on the tv. There will never be another Bob Hope but i am glad that i was able to be one of the last service men that he went out of his way to entertain. I give to the USO every year so they can continue to do their best for our guys and girls in uniform.
Mack
USMC 1988-1995

emmagee1917
12-28-2010, 12:48
Bob Hope came to Yuma , Ariz. and put on a short show here. I think it was a little practice performance on thier way to the PTO near the end of WW2. Somewhere I've stashed a CD copy of an old auido tape or radio bradcast from the show. If anyone is interrested in it and can show me how to post a CD , I'll see if I can.
Chris