PDA

View Full Version : Time to fit the stock to my M1903A4 clone

Hal O'Peridol
12-15-2010, 04:13
Fitting the Dupage "C" stock, but need some good photos or dimensions for the low bolt inletting. Can anyone help?

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
12-16-2010, 05:03
Hal,

I have some pictures and will try to locate them. It is a tricky job to make the cut look authenticate, but it can be done. I'll try to post them sometime today.

Jim

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
12-16-2010, 05:33
This might help.:icon_salut:

Jim:icon_pirat:

Dan in NY
12-16-2010, 08:03
here's another...

Johnny in Texas
12-16-2010, 10:53
One more set of pics I would try to get a ball reamer to cut the

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
12-17-2010, 06:27
If you look at the pictures closely, you will see a slight difference in the respective cuts. I believe this is normal.

Jim

Richard H Brown Jr
12-21-2010, 06:03
The difference would be from the various stock manufactureres final finish cuts to the stocks to fit to the bolts fitted to the receiver, chambering cuts, and bolt bending for the 03-a4 bolts would make it a final fitting adjustment during the mating of reciever assy to stock.

RHB

jake2009
12-21-2010, 06:29
I've got a Remington 03a3 with a Keystone A4 stock (upside-down "K" in cutoff recess). Stock looks like new with some tiger stripe. I'd sell it and look for another C stock for the !3, but the chance of getting a nice one (or one as nice as the A4 stock currently on the rifle) at a reasonable price is unlikely. It doesn't cost me anything to keep it on the rifle (it has a SC handguard too, I'm told). I can take some photo's and send in reply to any requests (e-mail me:es5956@att.com)

snell
01-11-2011, 08:06
an evening with the razor knife, a dremel tool and a can of Birchwood Casey spray sight black got the job done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/snellbaker/03A4boltslot.jpg

This was a Numrich replacement stock and a commercially bent bolt. Not original but looks pretty good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/snellbaker/03A4closedbolt.jpg

It was just a case of roughing in the area with the knife. Then spraying the bolt with the sight black, closing the bolt to mark the area and then dremeling out what was black. The safety lug bottomed out just as the ball of the bolt touched the stock.

One little oops with the dremel got me the dang mark on the stock in front of the bolt. it just marred the finnish without damaging the wood but it got me a bit PO'd.Nothing ever goes completely smoothly

I'm getting psyched about the whole project. Remember. ..."Whoever dies with the most toys...wins!!"

Art

musketshooter
01-12-2011, 12:58
The inletting by snell is a pretty poor representation of the originals shown in the previous posts. It's all in the minute details which were missed. The bolt handle is also a pretty poorly done repro.

snell
01-12-2011, 06:25
Musket,
You really know how to make a guy feel good

Art