PDA

View Full Version : M4 market

Hollywood
12-09-2010, 07:46
What are your thoughts on current prices for mint M4's? Market up or down? I have a couple of rarer makers in mint condition I am thinking about selling if the market is strong. Looked at epay and that was no help. :icon_rolleyes:

thorin6
12-11-2010, 01:55
My observation is that the market for M4s in above average to mint condition is fairly strong, but relatively unchanged for the past year. Hard to find Aerials for sale, but Case and Pal show every so often. Camillus, Imperial, and Utica fairly common. Kinfolks are easier to find than Case and Pal, but not as easy as the other three. TMN seems to be found about the same as Kinfolks. Prices for good bayonets in good M8A1 (original WWII, not post-war) can range from $125 to $175 for most of them; condition seems to drive the price. I've seen Case and Pals offered for $225 but they don't seem to sell at that price.

Hollywood
12-12-2010, 12:16
Thanks for the reply. I thought Kinfolks and Case were towards the rare side.

thorin6
12-12-2010, 01:29
Case M4s generally sell well, but Kinfolks can be funny. Sometimes they seem to get a good price, then other times they settle out about the same as Imperials and Uticas. I'm not sure that many folks recognize Kinfolks as a manufacturer of WWII M4s, but most recognize Pal and Case, as well as Camillus, Utica, and Imperial. TMNs occupy their own spot as the only post-war manufacturer, but many people seem to get them confused with the Bren-Dan and Conettas as not issued to the US military.