PDA

View Full Version : Which CMP bayonet is most desirable? Wilde?

PhillipM
11-29-2010, 09:19
I guess the title sums it up, are any of the offerings more desirable than the other?

Rick the Librarian
12-01-2010, 06:26
The Oneida original M1 and the Wilde cutdown were the two most desireable, in terms of production totals. Both disappeared about 20 minutes into the offering on the CMP e-store. The rush, plus all the technical difficulties, made Black Friday at Walmart look like a picnic by comparison! :D

thorin6
12-03-2010, 06:42
Didn't try to order any M1 Garand bayonets; already had my fill, although not necessarily mint, untouched blades.
For example, here is my Wilde Tool:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/thorin6/WTKnife.jpg

Picked this up for $10 at a local gun show; wasn't sure it was a WT until I found out that Wilde Tool marked their guards on the top and not the bottom like a lot of other manufacturers.

PhillipM
12-03-2010, 07:16
E store problems combined with credit card processing problems due to black monday, the largest online shopping day of the year, resulted in a random, resistant, and mainly lucky few getting the most desirable blades. By the time I could get to check out wt and onedia were long gone so I ordered a RIA. In the shipping instructions I requested a bowie point like yours for the heck of it. We will see what shows up! Nice wt, thanks for sharing.

Rick the Librarian
12-04-2010, 05:37
Several others are gone, as well ...I believe RIA being one of them. I ordered a Oneida and a PAL, although neither of the "rare" ones were there by the time I got through. Also ordered a RIA cutdown and a AFH. I do hope I get at least one "Bowie".

Tom in N.J.
12-06-2010, 05:41
The Oneida Ltd. M1 bayonet has the lowest production number of all U.S. M1905 / M1 bayonets. Only 20,000 or so were made. I sat from 09:00 to about noon waiting for the "Mid-morning" release of the bayonets on the CPM E-store. They were released later, but I had other things to do. I was hoping to get an original OL M1, but it was not to be. I have a sample of each of the eight M1905 manufacturers, and a sample of each cut to 10" (M1), and one of each of the five M1 varieties. I was hoping to upgrade my OL M1.