PDA

View Full Version : Steyr SSG69 PI

XLIV
10-01-2009, 08:02
Here's a late acquisition. Some guy was using it for a deer rifle and broke the stock. I bought it cheap, found a PII stock and slipped it on. Wearing an old Weaver T10 for now. The Versi-pod is a close enough copy of a Parker-Hale till I can find one reasonable.

Keeps close to 1/4 MOA with FGGM. The set trigger is a dream to shoot.

Cold bore shots are the most accurate, if the barrel warms up it starts to drift a little.

Anyone have a set of 30mm rings for sale?

http://i38.tinypic.com/4skx9y.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/1r8cig.jpg

Cecil
10-02-2009, 02:40
Nice rifle. I sold my SSG 69 and have missed it ever since.

Mike in Wis.
10-03-2009, 05:39
The new Picatinny rail Steyr is making ($120) for the SSG makes finding rings and everything so much simpler. I recently replaced Talley 30mm rings with the rail and Badger rings ... really like the tighter/lower mounting of the scope.

XLIV
10-03-2009, 08:08
I saw that mount on their website a while back..

Do the set screws mar the finish on the receiver?

Do you actually get a lower scope with a mount and rings than with just rings?

Are you selling your talley's?

Mike in Wis.
10-14-2009, 01:38
Do the set screws mar the finish on the receiver?

I think not but I'll let you know soon. I just got it last Friday and haven'y mounted it yet. Excellent quality and the finish pretty much matches my SSG69.

Low...Having never used the Steyr rings I can't say with those... but it will be lower then the Talley rings.

Selling...The 30mm's are long gone. I have a 1" set I may be selling that my Zeiss scope is in on the SSG69 right now.

XLIV
10-15-2009, 07:34
Tks Mike..I look forward to your review of the rail. I called Jack at Steyr and he said they have about 40 or 50 of them in stock so I'm not worried.

I have 1" rings now. But I'm 30mm scope rich right now and would like to put one of them on.

Wow..that GAP is handsome..ur a smart shopper. Are you on the hide?

Mike in Wis.
10-16-2009, 08:15
Are you on the hide?

Yes.... Parallax

What did Jack quote you for the base ? Pja is selling his for $120... plus shipping which was like $7. Jack's a nice guy and very helpful, but I've never been able to get much service from the customer service guys. They talk good, promise lots and deliver nothing. I've been waiting 18 months for a replacement rear sight. I gave up asking where it is... last I heard it was still in Austria... apparently Steyr USA and the mother ship Steyr Austria don't "talk" much. :icon_rolleyes: