PDA

View Full Version : Conduct Unbecoming.....?

Nick Riviezzo
10-16-2010, 01:33
Reading Ricks story above reminded me of an incident I probably should have some remorse
over...NOT!
I was Commanding an Armored Cav. Troop at Ft. Carson, Co.[ C Troop 1/10 Cav. "Buffalo Soldiers,Ready and Forward, Sir!"] Some time in 1973-74 my 1SGT. came into my office on a Friday afternoon a little before the end of official duty hours and said," G** Damn It,Captain, I need a "re-up talk". This was code for hey sir, it has been a bear of a week,let's knock off early and go down to the Doghouse[NCO Club Annex] and YOU can buy ME a beer![I will interject here that 1SGT John Jacobs was the finest 1SGT I ever served under or had under my Command]
We were in the club,NCOs allowed "Bosses Hour" in their establishment, and what to my surprise do I spy? A full blooded Viet gal waiting tables in her traditional garb[I've forgotten how to spell Aou Dzai[?]] Ok, Ok, so I ain't all for letting in the "boat people" 'cause I don't trust them. I think they would be well employed on the firing ranges but, go along,get along huh?Well,I began to notice that everytime she came to the table she had to get between me and the 1SGT[ by this time there were several other of my NCOs at the table]and turn to put her butt an inch or two from my face.I naturally took exception to this aborrant behavior and said to her words to the effect that she was looking fine but she would look better in rice paddy with my tracers chasing her!She took exception to that and threw the tray up and stormed out. I don't believe she ever came back for any pay due. BUT, The Master at Arms did his duty in a most military manner and "invited"me to leave the establishment immediately.His "request" could not be denied by an "officer and gentleman" but as he "ushered"me out he muttered under his breath that the Bi*ch had been warned several times about doing that to senior NCOs and Officers.[I was never sure if she was trying to "drum up business"or if it was the ultimate disrespect]With in 10 minutes the story was all over my Troop and although I didn't get a medal I was elevated to "hero status" among my troops. I don't believe it ever came to the Squadron Commanders attention but if it did he never mentioned it to me. And that,as they say, is the "rest of the story". Nick

Michaelp
10-16-2010, 10:19
Could have used you at My Lai.
Children are even easier targets than girls.

Nick Riviezzo
10-17-2010, 03:58
Michaelp, you have made your position clear,as have I. There is no point that I can see for your insults. If you don't like my point of view[obviously you don't] don't read my posts.Your insults are like school yard chatter and I'll not rise to your baiting again. Meantime ,have a beautiful life. Nick

Garden Valley
10-17-2010, 12:57
Could have used you at My Lai.
Children are even easier targets than girls.

Unless there is some inside joke here that is not readily evident, this is a vile and disgusting comment. I don't know what may have previously passed between the two of you, but this was a recounting of a simple incident in a club where, at most, the only injury may have been someone's feelings were hurt. That cannot justify such a comment as yours.

John Sukey
10-22-2010, 12:55
As for My Lai, I agree that was horrible, but It seems that any indignation about all the villagers that were butchered by the VC is never mentioned. Lt. Calley went nuts, but the actions by the VC were their standard operating procedure.

Liam
10-22-2010, 01:04
I liked the bar story. Don't know what to make of the nonsense on the periphery.

Ron James
11-14-2010, 05:15
Just got around to reading this, Sir, you are a man after my own heart, First Sgt. ( RET):icon_pirat: