PDA

View Full Version : After the Vietnam War Story

Rick
10-16-2010, 09:59
Do you guys remember after the Vietnam war how many Vietnamese family came to the United State? Every little town in the Midwest supported a family through the Church.

My wife's little town of 300 supported a family with free housing, utilities , groceries, and the big one a free telephone.

Well the first month the church got a phone bill of several hundred dollars on the Vietnamese family. So the church paid the bill and had the phone shut off. Everyone was really upset and the Reverend gave a sermon that they just didn't know what they were doing and it wasn't christian to be upset.

The next month these poor people that didn't understand which way was up charged something like $600 worth of phone bills on the Reverends phone.

Its good for a laugh every time I remember this one so I thought I Would share.

dave
10-16-2010, 02:09
How can you charge your calls on someone else's phone? ???

Rick
10-16-2010, 02:45
They went into the Church and used the phone in the Reverends office. Until just recently churches were never locked in case someone traveling through town had an emergency and needed to get out of the weather or use a phone. The Reverend gave up the Church Parish so the Vietnamese would have a place to stay and stayed with his family the next town over. So I guess when the cats away the mice will play.

I don't know if it was good timing or what but they left town a day before the phone bills came out. Could they have been this crafty? Were they just poor people that didn't know the difference between right and wrong? You be the judge.