PDA

View Full Version : Champions Choice NRA Shooting Coat Opinion?

SC in NC
10-01-2010, 11:51
Does anyone have an opinion on the Champions Choice NRA Shooting Coat in either leather or cordura? They look nice in the pictures. The metal hooks seem like a good idea. Has anyone owned one or used one before?

http://www.champchoice.com/cat-NRA_Coats-453.aspx

mdoerner
10-02-2010, 06:26
That's the one I use, only in red. Works well, helped my scores a bit. I'm sure the "Hardback" crowd will chime in, but it's a durable coat. Maybe a bit hotter in the summer due to the lack of ventilation cut-outs.....FWIW.

Mike D

Hip's Ax
10-02-2010, 08:01
I have been using these shooting coats for over a decade. I have a leather I use for smallbore and a cordura for high power. I use to use the leather one for both but bought the cordura because in high power you can get rained on. I recommend this coat, its great and until you get to the point of needing a custom coat or an ISU coat the CC will last and work well. My humble opinion.

SC in NC
10-04-2010, 10:15
Thanks for the feedback.... Does anyone know how they compare to the Creedmoor coats?

Hip's Ax
10-04-2010, 02:38
Creedmore coats are better because they are somewhat taylor made. Creedmore asks for a few measurements from you to get you the right coat. They are also a lot more expensive. Champions Choice coats are off the rack and you buy them according to your suit jacket size.

remus
10-14-2010, 10:58
I have a Creedmore Cordura Hardback with the vents on the sides for heat. The coat is a very good shooting coat and without a doubt aids in shooting a better score. I live in desert country and I can't say that the side vents are doing much good as far as dissapating heat. Still gets really uncomfortable when it is hot. I have had it for a number of years and it seems very durable, the vents don't show any sign of breaking down either.

I have had both Creedmore and Champion Choice and either will do the job.