TheMax
09-18-2010, 04:31
Delete

KenK
09-18-2010, 05:31
Looks like he's carrying a 4inch Colt?

Shooter5
09-18-2010, 10:58
The second picture was discussed on another forum thread; I can't remember where! but the discussion seemed to positively ID the sidearm but since I have CRS I don't recall what was the conclusion. (It may have also been mentioned in a letter to the editor in American Rifleman?)

Dan in NY
09-20-2010, 12:01
I'm sorry...I'm just not seeing the 1903A1 sniper rifle in the top pic....(I really want to see the 1903A1 sniper rifle, though..)..Unless that's the scope's objective bell, by the Korean guys right shoulder?.....Can someone either blow this pic up or otherwise enlighten me as to it's whereabouts, please..

Thanks...both are very cool pics..

Dan

PhillipM
09-20-2010, 04:51
I think it is a 1911 and the top half of the pistol is in a shadow from one of the people standing on the right. It looks like a standard flap holster for a 45 to me.

Bill D
09-20-2010, 05:50
I don't see a 1903A1 or any other 1903 derivative. FURTHER, I don't see a rifle and I strongly suggest to any that do that you are endowed with a superb gift of imagination. Leprechauns should be your constant companions and I would further guess that you have a saddle broke unicorn.

But then that's just my opinion.

madsenshooter
09-21-2010, 12:42
Interesting sitting position in the second picture, might try that as I no longer have the flexibility required to get all the way down, and kneeling is just a bit too unstable.

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
09-21-2010, 06:11
I don't see a 1903A1 or any other 1903 derivative. FURTHER, I don't see a rifle and I strongly suggest to any that do that you are endowed with a superb gift of imagination. Leprechauns should be your constant companions and I would further guess that you have a saddle broke unicorn.

But then that's just my opinion.
I see both. Gotta go unsaddle my Unicorn as the Leprechaun is getting tired of holding his lead rope:-).

Jim

Bill D
09-21-2010, 08:36
When your Leprechaun gets done, have him post an enlargement of the above picture so us non believers can see it too.

John Sukey
09-21-2010, 09:19
Interesting sitting position in the second picture, might try that as I no longer have the flexibility required to get all the way down, and kneeling is just a bit too unstable.

Join the club. Sitting is out of the question since I no longer bend that way. I can get to the kneeling position , BUT getting back up is another matter.:eek: Standing? My 9.5 pound M1 now seems to weigh 30 pounds!:icon_lol:

Liam
09-22-2010, 09:15
Don't know if this helps, or not.http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/Liam_068/close-up-4.jpg

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
09-22-2010, 10:29
Whoa, Unicorn, you just trampled the Leprechaun!

Jim

Bill D
09-22-2010, 03:38
That could just as well be a picture of a unicorn horn as a rifle. No help and I'm not even from Missouri.

emmagee1917
09-27-2010, 09:53
That semi-sitting / knealing firing position was one used by the WW2 Japanese . I wonder if he saw it there ? I've known about it for years , but I never seem to remember to try it out on the range . Looks to be good , though.
Chris

pmclaine
09-27-2010, 10:49
That semi-sitting / knealing firing position was one used by the WW2 Japanese . I wonder if he saw it there ? I've known about it for years , but I never seem to remember to try it out on the range . Looks to be good , though.
Chris

It looks like what is thought of as "low kneeling". The latest USMC marksmanship manual I have seen recognizes a low, medium and high kneeling position. The position of your non support foot in relation to how close it is to your posterior seems to be the determining factor. When you have your own foot in your A-- you are low kneeling.

Art
09-27-2010, 02:07

It appears to be the kneeling position I was taught in the Army in the mid 1960s, the guy's foot is just out of position some. We were taught to sit on our foot in the kneeling position and I think this guy's foot is just a bit more inside than they taught in BCT.

By the way, for me getting into the sitting position can still be done but not it's a bit hard to breathe in it so I use a kneeling position evern though its less stable. A lot easier to get in and out of though.