PDA

View Full Version : M1 Sniper Rifle Questions

wrangler
06-20-2010, 03:22
All;

I have shot and collected M1's for several years. I am fairly up on things with M1's in general but the snipers I am basicly in the dark. I will attend an estate sale tomorrow. Short notice to be posting but I just found out about the sale today.
Included in this sale is a M1 sniper. I don't know if it's a C or D but it was advertised to have an M84 scope, leather cheek piece, flash hider and a sling along with CMP papers.
I plan on checking the throat and muzzle as I have the gages.
My questions are what serial number range should this rifle be? I would expect it to be a SA receiver. Should all of the other parts be SA? Assuming all gages well and the rifle is in good condition as to stock and finish wear on the metal what price range should I expect to offer for this rifle?
Thanks for any and all information.

Dave

Johnny in Texas
06-20-2010, 04:20
If it is an M1D should be any receiver from 3.8 mil S.A. and lower or WRA M1 C will be late SA in the 325XXXX to 3.7 mil CMP papers are a must on the M1C or M1D in my opinion. As all sales are final probably what is the buyers premium %. Some of these auctions rape you with buyers premiums. Many M1C/D's were sold through with M84 scopes so it could be either one. M1C's will go around 6500.00 and M1D's around 3500.00 in exell cond. maybe a little more or less. Likely both will have mixed WWII parts but an M1C could have correct late WWII parts and matching s/n bracket and mount will add 20%+ to the value.

wrangler
06-21-2010, 05:38
Johnny in Texas. Thank you for your information!

Dave