Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaFrank View Post
    In winter you can just take your dump on a paper plate and toss it in your fire (assuming your burning it hot)
    I'd rather just go take a dump in the woods behind the house,,,

even in the snow

As long as I have power, I'm okay. We're on a well that is 520 feet deep. I've got about 180 feet of standing water in the well, so the water is about 340 feet below ground level. There's no way in hell that a hand pump will raise water that high, and I don't have a generator big enough to power my well pump. On top of all that, I have a sewerage pump on my septic tank that pumps the liquid from the septic tank uphill a bit to my drain field. With no power, my septic tank will fill up and back up into my basement.
    So I hope to hell that my power doesn't go out.
    Tickets, Please!

3. Default

If you crap in a hole you don't need no water!

PD

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDavis View Post
    If you crap in a hole you don't need no water!

PD
    True, but crapping in a hole isn't what every wife, girlfriend or child dreams of doing.

If drinking water becomes scarce just toss a bucket of rain water in the toilet bowl and wave "bye-bye" to the turds.

A little planning in advance is always helpful.

As said before: this isn't a storm or war. There's no reason we should expect power outages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    True, but crapping in a hole isn't what every wife, girlfriend or child dreams of doing.

If drinking water becomes scarce just toss a bucket of rain water in the toilet bowl and wave "bye-bye" to the turds.

A little planning in advance is always helpful.

As said before: this isn't a storm or war. There's no reason we should expect power outages.
    This was my thinking when I first saw the advice to store water, it made no sense at all. That is unless the powers that be know something that they are not sharing. I hope not, but one never knows does one?
    Sam

Very true Sam.